Every year, we take a moment to pause when WOCN week comes around on the calendar. As this week of recognition for Wound Ostemy and Continence Nurses comes to a close, we congratulate and laud our WOCN colleagues and customers.
Wound care is a difficult speciality with a lot of complex decision making. We have noticed that nurses who are dedicated to wound care, our WOCNs, show an uncommon and exceptional understanding of the need to collaborate on behalf of the patient. Moreover, they have the skills to do so.
iClickCare was developed from the early days in collaborated with dedicated WOCNs in our hometown of Binghamton, NY as well as farther afield.
iClickCare has always been designed to support Wound Care nurses, by:
- Providing the visually rich media that lets a picture be a thousand words, and more.
- Allowing comparison of wounds over time, visit to visit -- or, in life saving events, minute to minute and hour to hour.
- Empowering discussion which leads to better outcomes through understanding and communication.
- Saving time in avoiding the need for written orders.
- Allowing an “onset, immediate” surgeon visit with a secure click of the iPhone.
- Limiting the experience of standing around and waiting for supplies and personnel while gowned, masked and gloved.
There are some special friends who we think of daily and with whom we grew up in our hospital system. They are our mentors, or examples, and our examples of who we should be. Janet and Chris, thank you.
And thank you to all WOCNs.